Wednesday 9 May 2018

Cornwall? Maybe, just maybe!

I've spent hours poring over estate agents' listings (mostly online) since my pension money has been confirmed and transferred into my bank account. I've looked at literally hundreds of properties, both for sale and rent, all over the UK. But when it comes to down it, what I want to do is to get back to 'home', i.e. South East Cornwall, the area I moved to with my family in 2000, the area I hoped to live for the rest of my life. My options are few, really, because I'm not rich at all, by 2018 standards, but I have got enough money to seriously think about a particular flat in the town close to where we used to live. Given my intractable pessimism, I can think of dozens of pitfalls, but, oh, if only....

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Cornwall looks marvelous!

    Would you be near the beach?

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      The idea that I could get back to Cornwall, realistically, would be a dream come true, quite frankly. I love the area, and I was heartbroken that I couldn't live there anymore, after my marriage collapsed. Could it happen? Possibly, but a few things would have to work smoothly first - all I can do is try, I guess.
      As far as the town in question is concerned, it's a little bit inland, but only about 7 or 8 miles from the sea, and with reasonable public transport, too, so it's not too bad at all. Plenty of crossed fingers are in order!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete