Saturday 30 June 2018

I'm still breathing

Sort of, at least. I'm still in 'domicile-ville', albeit reluctantly, but I'm working on that situation. I had the chance to bid on a flat on Cornwall, but, realistically, it was too expensive for my modest bank account, the 'all in one basket' scenario would've been too risky, even if living in the town concerned would been ideal, in many ways. I also saw a place, literally, a stone's throw from the sea, but just too far-flung to commit to, although I was very tempted. Over the last two days, though, I have seen a flat (only on the internet as yet) that may be 'the one' - it's affordable, in an area I've always liked, green and peaceful, potentially an ideal retirement hideaway, especially for a hermit like me. Early days, but I'm hopeful.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sammy,

    Well, good luck in your search!

    I'm also a hermit, and my new location in the deep Virginia mountains serves me well in that regard.

    And my federal pension finally showed up after 6 months, so I won't have to keep dipping into savings as often.

    Cheers!

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      I'm pleased you've found a good place for you, and that your financial hiccup has been resolved. The place I'm looking at doesn't have mountains, more rolling hills, and very nice river views nearby, albeit not from the windows of the flat, unfortunately. I'm crossing my fingers that it works out!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete