Friday 18 November 2022

998

Well, I guessed it was close to 1000, but I was surprised how close it turned to be. Looking at the last post I published here, and its anniversal theme, I idly wondered how many days had passed since my decision to go on hiatus. I could've worked it out, by mental arithmetic, but it was far easier to find a website to do it for me instead. And the answer is 998. 998 days since I was here, in a writing capacity, at least. I have considered resuming this blog a number of times in the interim, but I haven't committed myself, found the motivation, basically, until now. I can't imagine many, if any, of the few people who used to read my ramblings are still around in 'Blogworld' - blogging is a bit passé, I suspect, long supplanted by 'cooler' social media options - but I'm a bit of a stick in the mud, so Blogger will have to do, I'm afraid. I won't be posting daily, all in probability, but who knows? I might find the impetus from somewhere, stranger things have happened.

I'm aware that my blog's name is now an anachronism, given that I'm a sexagenarian these days, but, at least for the moment, I can't be bothered to adjust it yet, if at all. Consider it a quirk, perhaps!

Love & best wishes to all

Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment