Wednesday 10 May 2017

There's no escape except death

From my benighted situation, that is. My phone rang while I was at work yesterday evening, and although we're not supposed to take personal calls while actually doing the job, when I saw who the caller was, I answered it regardless. Because the call was from my ex, the first time she's rung me for months. My concern was that something had happened to herself or K, but it immediately became clear that she had other fish to fry. In a nutshell, she wants money. A lot of money. As a 'final settlement', in her words. An amount of money I could only generate by cashing my occupational pension in. But to do that, I would have to retire. Which, of course, would leave me with no job, and very little prospect of finding another, given my age and health, and no pension either. To say I wasn't sympathetic is a considerable understatement, but there was an implicit, at least, threat to take the matter to court if she doesn't get what she wants. I knew there was a reason, beyond their being gorgeous, that I should've stuck to boys.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment