Sunday 3 December 2017

A little escape

After almost six weeks, I've managed an afternoon and early evening trip, on Saturday yesterday, about seven hours door to door. A station journey from 'domicile-ville' to Zone 6 (and return, obviously), a couple of bus jaunts with cuties, to boot - and a visit that didn't work very well in October 23. Yes, I forced myself the pub, my (non-local) local Wetherspoon. But, this time, I avoided any dramas, any blue lights or the like, all very calm - and a pint or two. The best thing I was a vaguely normal person for once. And I've written a few words, too, albeit it about four hours. It's very difficult at the moment, but I'm hopeful at will become easier.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

6 comments:

  1. I’ve missed your postings. All we’ve had is a short one from K saying you’d had a stroke. How about some details about what happened and your recovery? I hope you are thoroughly on the mend and soon to resume normal activity. Glad to know you’ve survived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello
      Thank you for your concern. My worst health problem at the moment is words, ironically - aphasia, technically. I'm trying!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Glad you are back and on the mend!

    Love,

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Thanks, it's awkward for now but I'll try!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  3. Hi Sammy,

    Hope you have been able to make it back to the pub!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Yes, thank you, albeit very many times yet. K has been here for the weekend, so I'm happy.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete