Saturday 24 February 2018

Eight, and news

It's my blogaversary - my first post was on 24 February 2010. So many changes, but one invariant - no boy in my life, and no realistic chance of that happening, either. Ever.
One thing is definitely going to change soon, though - I'm retiring. There's no prospect of my going back to my regular job - safety-critical, and all that - and my company has evidently no idea what to do with me instead, so, after looking into the financial permutations, I'm going to save them the problem. I was planning to retire early once K finished at uni in Summer 2019 anyway, and I've got enough money - just - to ensure my girl can finish her education, which is my obvious priority. I'm not going to be living in the lap of luxury, but I'm not going to be destitute, either, and I will, at least, be able to say that my time will be my own. After almost forty years, that's not the worst outcome I could imagine.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sammy,

    I can see now that I won't be living in the lap of luxury in *my* retirement, but that's okay...living hand-to-mouth again will be kind a fun, and now that I'm 62 (today!) I'm starting to get discounts and free stuff, and I can yell at kids to get off my lawn! lol

    I think maintaining our health is the premier priority, so good luck to you!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Happy (belated) Birthday. Health, undoubtedly, is key - without that, both quality and quantity of life would be a major problem. At least I've got the good old NHS to turn to, something I'm very grateful for. I hope that your situation is good, or, at least, good enough to be livable.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete