Monday 3 September 2018

Summer holiday end

Today is the last hurrah of this year's school summer holidays (I believe - I'm not up to speed in that context, given that K finished school in June 2016!), and this year's model has been by far the poorest crop, in terms of eye candy, of my whole adult life. It's completely my fault - I simply haven't been anywhere, apart from a couple of day trips looking at property viewings, and two or three times when I met K for lunch. Basically, I've been a recluse, and almost a willing one, at that. This lunchtime, though, has been a little oasis, for all of fifteen minutes. I was at a bus stop in 'domicile-ville', close to my chemists after getting my regular batch of meds, when I had two 'boy moments', one after the other. The first was with a little guy, 8/9, who was walking his Grandma's dog (by appearances, the woman was 60-something) - he saw me and smiled, I reciprocated, then smiled more widely, twice more, before disappearing into a side street. I was feeling more like a part of humanity already, but 'moment two' was even better - a couple of minutes later, two 13/14 year old cuties arrived, the taller guy being very attractive, and right in my AoA. And not only that, but he spoke to me! He asked me a question, very politely, about the imminent bus, which, sadly, I wasn't able to answer, partly because I simply didn't know, and partly because of my frustratingly poor speech, but I did at least suggest that he could ask the bus driver, which he duly did. I couldn't resist asking if he resolved his problem, and he said he had, thanking me and giving me a very nice smile. Yeah, I know I'm bloody desperate, but any contact with boys, especially cute ones, is better than nothing.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Keep working on your speech! (what alternative is there?)

    Agreed, a rather lean summer, thank goodness for one's imagination.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andy
    The imagination is still there, as per Monday lunchtime, its expression, though, is the problem. At least I can still read as fluently as ever - complete 'word blindness' would have been intolerable.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete