Monday 20 May 2019

Dodging a bullet, maybe

I've been in what passes for my 'local' Wetherspoons for a while today, and I managed to bag my favourite table, for once - windows on three sides, not in anyone's way, ideal for watching the world going by. And, being me, looking out for any cute boys who might wander into my eyeline. Bingo, I thought, for a while - a fair-haired guy, a bit older (miraculously) than usual for my tastes, even borderline legal, although I would've guessed at 15 if I'd had to bet on my life on his age. He was outside the pub for a few minutes, talking to with a group of slightly dodgy-looking (adult) associates, then disappeared for five minutes or so, before engaging, right by the nearest window to where I was sitting, with a couple of late twenty-something guys. And it was pretty immediately clear that he was a scam merchant - he was soon playing some card trick or another, and without much delay, won! For my perspective, he was evidently a bit older than I originally thought, too, maybe 18, but no older that, I'm convinced. The ideal 'mark' for me, given my desire for pretty much any available boy, cute or not, except that I'm pathologically cautious and cynical after all these years.

Edit: He's back in the pub, just now, with his deck of cards in hand. Not close to me, of course. But cute, without doubt.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment