Thursday 23 May 2019

Old stamping grounds

I had a long day trip yesterday, 9 hours in London, my first metropolitan visit since I moved back to 'the North', as well as nearly five hours travelling. It was rather tiring, especially the last couple of hours, but it was thoroughly worthwhile as far as I'm concerned, because I had the chance to meet up with K. She was en route from a visit from her best school friend from her A-Level time, before heading back to her 'uni-town' base. As ever, it was lovely to see her, and catch up with her news and doings in more depth, as opposed to the nice but sometimes brief chats we have on the phone. Her degree course is effectively finished now (hence her trip), but she's still got to do a few bits and pieces, and doesn't have to vacate the house she's been sharing with her friends until the middle of August, so I suspect there'll be more than a little R & R in store! There is a chance that she might stay with me for a couple of weeks - possibly the second half of August, because her boyfriend wants to spend his family and friends around that time - and I would certainly enjoy her company, but it's far from confirmed as yet. Something to look forward, though, at least potentially.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment