Monday 5 August 2019

Not just me - temporarily, at least

When I moved to the flat in March, my expectation was that I was going to be on my own permanently, effectively. Things can change, though, and it looks like K is going to be staying with me until the New Year. The plan was that my girl and her boyfriend were going to find jobs and accommodation in Yorkshire (he was working and living there when they got serious about being 'an item'), but it seems that they want to spend six months or so in mainland Europe - he's got a good friend who lives in Italy - and that can't happen until next year, apparently. So he'll live with his family in Hertfordshire for a few months, and K will draw the short straw and have to tolerate boring old Dad in the interim! Needless to say, I'm delighted to spend some time with my girl, even if it's only for the last part of 2019. Details haven't been completely finalised yet, but it's likely that K will be arriving here within the next two weeks. Smiles are all the more sweet for being unexpected!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment