Saturday 17 September 2016

Autumn, and autumn

The changing of the seasonal guard hasn't quite officially happened yet - in theory, there are three more days of summer left - but no-one seems to have told the weather that. After a couple of thirty degree plus days earlier in the week, it's been grey, windy and very cool today. A foretaste of the months to come. I can hardly wait.
The blog might be entering its own autumn, too. Regular readers (assuming any are left) will probably have noticed that my posts have become briefer and more sporadic lately. There's a simple reason - I feel pretty much 'all talked out'. My life, in itself, isn't at all eventful, all the more so now K isn't around anymore, and there really are only so many ways of saying 'I still haven't got a boy in my life, see no prospect of that changing, and that absence hurts, every day'. The blog isn't formally in hiatus, but the next post might be tomorrow, or six months hence, or never. Time, as ever, will tell.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sammy

    I sincerely hope you don't give up on the blog, but I wouldn't blame you if you did. I took mine down for pretty much the same reasons. It got to a point where I was asking myself, "what's the point ? ". Very little I hadn't said already, and nothing new to write about, even if I felt able to. And here I am, best part of a year later, and the situation remains the same.

    Keep in touch, my friend.

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      I'm still around, and I've even come close to posting a couple of times in the past week, but haven't quite found sufficient motivation. I doubt this is the end of the blog, and I certainly have no intention of taking it down - one of the aims I had from the outset was to help others, if there was any way I could, even if only to let those like us that they weren't unique. As ever, thank you for your interest and concern.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
    2. Dear Sammy

      I'm glad to read you're still around. And yes, your blog has helped me quite a lot over the last few years. If nothing else, it makes a difference knowing there are others out there going through the same crap as me.

      Warmest regards - Dave

      Delete