Friday 2 September 2016

A year on

A year ago today, a very good friend of mine died. A friend I only met in person once, on a summer afternoon and evening in 2012, the rest of our friendship being by way of cyberspace. But, nonetheless, one of the closest friends I've ever had, not least because, in many ways, we had much in common. Including the opprobrium of 'society', which, as far as I'm concerned, was what drove him to do what he did those twelve months ago. Gone, but never forgotten. My friend Jay.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's a year. I know YOU won't forget him, Sammy. And, although I only knew of him through his comments on this blog, I don't suppose I will either. What I am confident of though, is that there is a lot of people out there who's lives were enriched by Jay. I'm certain that they won't forget him either.

    May he continue to rest in peace.

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      I'm absolutely convinced, from what I knew of him, that Jay was a thoroughly good man - far, far better than me, without a doubt. And I'm equally convinced that many people miss him at least as much as I do. A sad loss, indeed.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Sammy,

    Thanks for this, and thanks to Anon for this thoughts...I, too, had met Jay in person.

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      As far as I'm concerned, Jay deserves to be remembered, and I'm sure many people do, and fondly at that, but any small thing I can do to help that process, do it I will.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete