Monday 29 August 2016

Not waving

Not quite drowning, either, but nearer the latter than the former. I finished my 'out of circulation' week this morning with the last of my latest batch of night shifts, and I'm now into a couple of days off, but it's done little to raise my spirits. Not only are these my last days off before the end of the school holidays, with the obvious implications for daytime eye candy, they're also the last before K disappears to uni - she'll be gone by this time next week. And she's busy on both of them, as well as most of the rest of the week, although my being on lates from Wednesday renders that pretty much academic. Not, of course, that I would ever dream of trying to stand in her way, even if it was possible, but going back to the sort of isolation I experienced between the end of my marriage and K's arrival in London just over two years ago is hardly the most enticing of prospects.
If there is any sort of light on the horizon, though, it may be by way of Nephelokokkygia. I never make promises about my fiction writing, because there have been far too many false dawns, but I do have two ongoing projects there that have a chance, at least, of coming to fruition. The muse could desert me at any moment, though, so I'll say no more until I can say something substantive.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment