Monday 15 August 2016

Big Brother could be watching

Apropos of nothing in particular, I had a decidedly paranoid moment on my travels this afternoon. I was waiting on a station platform when it occurred to me that, because I have a 'registered' Oystercard, the proverbial 'they' could have been tracking my every move around London. That, alongside the forest of CCTV cameras festooned seemingly everywhere, would make it rather difficult for me to travel 'discreetly', should I want or need to. I suppose that my awareness of the issue at least gives me the opportunity to take 'countermeasures' - I'm sure untold numbers travel around the capital day in, day out without the 'surveillance culture' ever crossing their minds - but, short of decamping to some far-flung hilltop or island, and eschewing any kind of electronic transaction, covering your tracks is nigh on impossible nowadays.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment