Saturday 20 August 2016

The end of summer

Well, probably not quite, but today is certainly the last day of my 'summer fortnight' off, and, with it, the good weather I've been lucky enough to enjoy during my break seems to have come to an end as well - it was damp and drizzly yesterday, but it's been more organisedly wet and windy today. K and I did have plans for a rather unusual and potentially interesting trip today, but it involved heading to a 'ghost village' on Salisbury Plain, not a particularly appetising place to visit if, as the weather forecast suggested, horizontal rain was going to be the order of the day. In the event, we did have a few hours of quality time, including lunch at a branch of her favourite burrito chain, so all was far from lost. So, back to work tomorrow it is, although I don't, at least, have to get up at 'stupid o'clock', being on a late shift, so it could be (marginally) worse. It wouldn't take much encouragement for me to carry on with the past two weeks' lazy lifestyle, though.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment