Sunday 14 August 2016

Don't smile like that

Unless you mean it. I was in my regular Wetherspoons last night, and Daniel was working. There wasn't much interaction at first, because the place was busy, but as the evening drew on and things quietened down, he became decidedly friendly. And smiley. Even as I left, although he was in the middle of serving someone, he raised his hand in my direction, smiling once more, saying 'see you later'. Does it mean anything? I can't bring myself to believe that it might - I can't envisage a more than passably attractive young man of 19, or thereabouts, ever having any interest in a fat bloke nearly three times his age, and one with a pathological fear of looking stupid, at that. But the glimmer of hope born of those smiles simply won't go away.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment