Friday 5 August 2016

Seething

There are times when I loathe the place I work, or perhaps better, some of the people I have to work with, almost more than I can express in words. And this lunchtime was most assuredly one of those times. Someone had found on YouTube a series of videos made by some vigilante-ish group, who spoof 'paedos' into meeting up with what they believe to be underage girls, then turn up to confront them, or worse. Needless to say, the mindless bigots were gloatingly lapping it all up. I, on the other hand, was teetering on the brink of a complete meltdown, hardly more than a heartbeat away from smacking someone, almost anyone, in the mouth. Luckily for my career prospects, my relief arrived and I was able to escape with my mask still intact, even if my blood pressure took rather longer to recover. The only saving grace, apart from not outing myself, is that I've only got to get through one more shift, tomorrow morning, in the bloody place before embarking on two weeks leave. The temptation to walk out of there in 20 hours or so and never go back is more than a little attractive.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment