Monday 8 August 2016

The diminishing store of quality time

Out and about in town with K today, wandering along the South Bank, having something to eat at Borough Market, before bussing circuitously back towards home. Plenty of good conversation, as ever. But, despite the enjoyable nature of our time together, the knowledge in the background that it's all going to come to an end in a matter of weeks, when my girl heads off to uni. The past two years or so have spoiled me, quite honestly, having K around on a regular basis, even if we have been like the proverbial 'ships in the night' at times, and I can't deny that going back to a predominantly solitary lifestyle will be a wrench. It has to be done, though - there's no way I'd want to hold her back, even if I could. That doesn't mean I have to like it, though.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment