Monday 5 September 2016

Goodbye girl

Six hours ago, give or take, K left for her new adventure, her next phase of life as an undergraduate. I know it's all psychological, but the flat seems unbelievably quiet and empty already, and far less of a home. It's not, of course, that I'm never going to see her again - she'll be back on Wednesday to pick some more of her belongings up - but it certainly does mark the end of an era. Unless something completely unforeseen happens, I'll never again live permanently with anyone else. I've been trying to get myself ready for this moment pretty much since K moved here more than two years ago, but if the way I feel now is anything to go by, I've failed abjectly. 'Missing you already' is usually no more than an ironic cliché, but it's never seemed more real to me than it does right now.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment