Saturday 13 October 2018

Vacillation

I had a trip yesterday, 'up north', 200-odd miles from 'domicile-ville', to view a flat on the outskirts of a large town, somewhere I've never lived in, but within thirty miles of the place where I met my ex, and where K was born, so, overall, an area I'm familiar with. And the flat is stunning, given my property budget, easily the best place I've seen over the six months, give or take, since I've been house hunting. But I'm still hesitant, thinking of all the snags could arise, real or imagined, paralysed by doubt. I used to be reasonably decisive (albeit prone to terrible choices, at times), but now I'm seemingly incapable to cope with any substantive questions. It's not a pleasant feeling.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. "stunning..." "easily the best place..."

    Go for it!!!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      After a whole weekend of (largely self-inflicted) stress, I've just, within the last hour', 'gone for it'! I'm going back to the North West, after nearly twenty years, unless anything unforeseen happens. It was the best option, given my budgetary constraints. 'The next chapter', as my brother commented.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Thank you. Once the legal blah is finalised, the process should be fairly brisk, the vendor has already moved out, and I haven't got much to pack either. Fingers crossed!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete