Monday 9 December 2019

Election pessimism

Not for the first time in the last couple of years, what I want to say is being hamstrung by my aphasia, but I'll try regardless. The general election is imminent - four days away, as I write - and as far as I can see, the chances of a 'progressive' outcome are slim to none. The Great British English public seems to have been thoroughly beguiled by Johnson's lies, abetted by the lying fascist tabloid media - I've seen credible reports that British intelligence, amongst others, has weighed in with 'the 1%' to smear Corbyn (much as I'm thoroughly dubious about him, he's the only realistic option against the Johnson/Farage/Trump/Putin/Murdoch, etc, cabal) - and their racist and xenophobic schtick. By Friday 13th - how apposite - there's every chance that the Conservatives, and their disingenuous Brexit nonsense, will completely wreck the country, with their greed and selfishness. Given my raddled health, I'm going to be dead fairly soon, but my heart aches for K and her generation - she seems to be expecting a Labour victory, or, at least, a hung election, but I'm afraid she'll be ridiculously disappointed.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment