Monday 29 December 2014

'Good and kind'

There are times when I really feel like aiming some trenchant remarks in my ex's direction. I never do, because I know she's too fragile to cope with any such thing, but some occasions bring me closer than others. Like today, when she texted me about the amount of money she wants for the coming month, with a bit tacked on the end about me being 'a good and kind man'. Not good enough to transcend her precious 'values', though, and not kind enough to be allowed to be part of her life. If that sounds bitter and twisted, that's probably because it is. Something to do, maybe, with spending twenty-odd years of your life trying to give the person you love the best you can, only to have it all thrown back in your face in a heartbeat.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry she just won't let up. I don't know if you read Buddy Bear's blog, but he's a guy who came out in midlife, divorced, and the travails that came along with it. Anyway, I know it isn't easy. Please know there's an available shoulder available at any time.

    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I have no objections to supporting my ex, that's my responsibility as far as I'm concerned - I just wish she'd spare me the bullshit sometimes. Anyway, I had a nice surprise last night - K came home, more or less unannounced. I wouldn't say there's always a silver lining, but there is one sometimes, at least.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete