Wednesday 31 December 2014

Another retrospective

As you do, or some do, at this time of year. I guess, compared to its two predecessors, 2014 hasn't been so bad. After all, my life didn't disintegrate like it did in 2012, and I didn't spend months being ill and weeks in hospital like last year. I end the year having something resembling a proper home, even if I don't own the property itself or most of its contents, and, by far the best, I've got my daughter here with me. We had cuddles when I came in a while ago, and when I told her that my highest priority for 2015 was for us to stay friends, she replied by saying that would be for always, which certainly engendered a warm glow. Do I deserve her love? Probably not, given all that's happened, but I'm not going to look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth. K, and my relationship with her, aside, though, what else would make me happy in the New Year? Well, I guess, much what I've wanted for several years, but maybe with a twist, perhaps born of my getting older - after all, I'll be 55 in four months time, not even able to claim to be in my 'early fifties' anymore - what I want now is to be able to be close enough to a boy to have the sort of cuddles K and I had earlier, loving, affectionate, but sexless. I can't lie, if I found a boy who did want to play sexy, I wouldn't say no, but that side of things really isn't that big a deal anymore. Love is the thing that matters, the thing I want the most, by a huge margin. I can't imagine it will happen, any more than this year, last year, or the year before, but I'm still wishing, dreaming, hoping.
Well, we're pretty close to 2015, at least here in the UK, and my old year, certainly, is close to its end, given that I'll need to go to bed soon to facilitate getting up at 4:15 to go to work, so I'd like to wish all of you who are kind enough to visit and read my meanderings a happy and prosperous New Year. I hope 2015 is good to you all - and maybe even to me.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Nice post. It’s good to hear you are in a better place now than in recent years. Your relationship with your daughter sounds like a good one. Even your desires are at a much more practical level now. What you envision would be nice if you could find a way to make it happen, same for us all. I hope your good feelings and experiences continue for this new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello
      My daughter is the fundamental reason for my keeping going - in her absence, motivation would be very thin on the ground. For the rest - well, I'm not holding my breath in anticipation. I hope your 2015 is as you would wish for yourself.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Good to see a happy post, Sammy! 2014 has been pretty profound for me, too. Meeting RB has made such a difference in my life, and things like cuddles, and "sweet nothings", and hearing how much I mean to him sure make me feel warm all over. I hope we will be friends "for always". Sex isn't important. Even at 56, I love it! But the feelings I get when RB shows up (like he did, totally unexpectedly about 2 this afternoon - he just pushed the door open and there he was - but he does have keys) transcend all things physical beyond the hello hug!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I have high hopes for 2015!!! I think it will be good for you, too! And K!!!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm glad you're in such a good place, and I very much hope that continues through this year, and far beyond.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete