Saturday 11 June 2016

Conspiracy theory

I am, as regular readers will doubtless have discerned, a thoroughgoing sceptic, completely unconvinced of the existence of any 'supernatural' power, whether benign or malevolent. The obstacle course that seems to have been put in the way of my achieving a superficially straightforward aim over the past couple of days, though, has almost been enough to make me reconsider - it really has felt like some odd conspiracy has been set in train to thwart me. There has been one serendipitous outcome, though - I've finally got around to acquiring a new mobile phone, something that was long overdue, the old one being almost as decrepit as its owner!
The frustration of my weekend was heightened even further on the way back from town, as I was tantalised by glimpses, and only glimpses, of an achingly lovely boy on the Tube. Would that he could've been the 'prince' I've been waiting for all these years. Not the remotest chance of that dream coming true, needless to say.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment