Friday 3 June 2016

Home, and its impending absence

Maybe, anyway. K and I have had a couple of conversations in recent days about what happens, accommodation-wise, when she goes off to uni in three months or so. The original plan was for her to get a flat, somewhere she could live all year, but she's now decided that she wants to go into halls of residence for her first year. That suggested to me that she would need both somewhere to stay in the holidays and somewhere to store some of her things, leading me to think that it might be worth keeping the flat for another year. K was unenthusiastic, to say the least, saying that she was planning to 'downsize', and that any 'surplus' could go to her mother's. Given that it would be a stretch, financially, for me to pay for the flat and contribute enough to maintain K, I can't justify keeping it if she's not going to use it as well. Which would leave me homeless again. Why does life have to be so unremittingly awful?

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment