Sunday 29 May 2016

Preoccupation

So, I guess this marks the end of the longest involuntary interval between posts - involuntary in the sense that I hadn't made an active decision not to write, as has been the case on a few previous occasions - since I began the blog nearly six and a half years ago. Why the hiatus? Partly work, given that I've been on a run of eleven straight working days, the last four of them night shifts, partly material, a lack of what I considered interesting things to write about. But the main reason is that I've been more than a little preoccupied by a subject I really can't write about, even in this pseudonymous environment. No-one else is involved - don't worry, no skeletons have found their way into cupboards - but I've spent, even by my standards, an inordinate amount of time contemplating the rights and wrongs of the issue, and of my life in general. Without, needless to say, coming to any useful conclusion. The maze without a solution is still the best metaphor for where my existence has led me.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sammy

    Glad to see you're still around. I was starting to get a bit worried about you. I know all too well about the state of hiatus. I took the decision to take my own blog down on the basis that it was becoming harder and harder to think of anything meaningful to say that I hadn't said already. Not that any of it meant very much anyway.

    Anyway, I wish you well, and I continue to look forward to reading your posts. Take care of yourself.

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      Yes, I'm still here, albeit not with any great enthusiasm at present, and not with any immediate expectation of finding wildly interesting stuff to write about. I do appreciate your concern and good wishes, though.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete