Tuesday 10 May 2016

Depressingly predictable....

....and predictably depressing. I've written on several occasions about how trying I find the near-constant flow of bigotry some - indeed many - of my colleagues spout at work, so I guess that when the 'archbigot' and his nearest contender for that title were working adjacent positions, and I was one spot further to the left, as was the case overnight, it was obvious that I wasn't going to enjoy what I heard. They surpassed even those expectations though, with a screed of such hatred aimed at just about every 'outgroup' you could imagine (albeit, amazingly, not gays on this occasion) that it just left me heartsick at the knowledge that I have to share not only a workplace, but a species with their ilk. As ever, it's all the worse because I know beyond question what their opinions and attitude towards 'the real me' would be. The sooner I can escape from all of it, the job, and even the species, the better. But no matter what, escape from myself is, of course, impossible.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment