Saturday 8 April 2017

Best friends

K and I went out yesterday afternoon and evening, meandering before going to the nicest remaining local-ish Wetherspoons for food and drink. As ever, the conversation was eclectic and thought-provoking, but something K said not long before we headed for home really made me feel good about myself, a thoroughly rare occurrence - my girl told me, unbidden, that I was probably her best friend. There's no doubt whatsoever that K is my best friend, there's no-one even close, but for her to say the same about me was as uplifting as it was unexpected. They say that parents should never be their child's best friend, but we agreed unreservedly that such an assertion was nonsense, as long as the younger person was happy with the situation. We've got a lot of common interests, we've been on the same wavelength since K was very young, so why not? Not to mention that I love her to bits, of course.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sammy,

    It's good to be a proud papa, eh?

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Absolutely, although I think my relationship with K goes rather deeper than that. The fact that she feels the same way is something I'm proud of, though.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete