Friday 14 April 2017

Maps

Another of my perennial fascinations, since I was very young. The idea of being able to explore an area, to a degree, at least, that you've never visited, and maybe never would or could, has always​ been an attractive one for me. And, in conjunction with an​ app I’ve downloaded in recent days, a mapping and public transport app, some maps I've been looking at this evening have piqued my wanderlust for the first time in quite a while. I've been procrastinating about renewing my passport for literally years, but looking at the Paris Metro map might finally thrash me into actually doing it - K has said on a number of occasions that she wants to visit there, preferably with me as a 'tour guide', I suspect, and I've always been a big fan of the city since I first went there on a school trip when I was 13, so maybe it could happen, sometime soon. A rather more distant prospect, both literally and figuratively, was raised by perusing various maps of Melbourne. The main motivation, really, is Aussie Rules, and my beloved Saints in particular - being able to visit places like Moorabbin, and, given a visit at an appropriate time of year, the chance to actually go to one or more AFL games would be the proverbial trip of a lifetime. Will it ever happen? Probably not, but looking such places on a map makes it seem feasible, at least.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment