Tuesday 22 August 2017

'Domicile-ville' it is, then

After what was beginning to become a somewhat concerning silence, I finally got confirmation this morning that I have secured the new, upgraded version of my old room as my 'home' once we leave the flat next month. I've got mixed feelings about the impending move, really - I certainly won't miss the time-consuming commute right across London, but the flat has been far more like a proper home, especially when K has been there, than anything else since I left Cornwall, and the 24/7 public transport in the capital has also been a major bonus. The return from whence I came will also save me a good couple of hundred pounds a month, which should mean I can afford to have an extra day or two off a month without finding myself in financial troubles. That is certainly a welcome prospect at the moment, because, as well as work being particularly manic of late, I seem to be finding myself less and less tolerant of the quagmire of fuckwittery that passes for conversation and opinion for the great majority of my colleagues. I've managed not to out myself for almost seven years now, but it seems to getting more difficult each day. The sooner I can escape from the benighted place, far the better.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment