Saturday 26 August 2017

The weekend started....in Glasgow!

After three weeks with only one full day off, and the job around my neck all the time I was at work, I'm now almost two days into a long weekend that couldn't come quickly enough. With K working full time as well, we really haven't had much time to do anything together since she came back from uni, but yesterday was the exception that proves the rule. K is pretty much exclusively vegan now (although she still has the occasional 'flexitarian' moment!), and had mentioned, months ago, that she'd heard, through 'vegan social media' about a place that reputedly served the best vegan burgers in the country. But it was in Glasgow. So, after a few ifs and buts and maybes, we left the flat at 6:00 yesterday morning to begin an almost 16 hour day trip to visit the place. The weather, when we walked out of Glasgow Central station, was vile, but it didn't take too long to walk to the restaurant. Had the place not lived up to expectations, it would've qualified as a thorough wild goose chase, but K's vegan option, and my carnivorous one, were both excellent and plentiful, so we both declared the trip worthwhile. The best part of it all for me, though, was, as ever, spending quality time with my girl, all the more so because we're now beginning to get into the throes of preparing to leave the flat (with elements of completely unnecessary drama from the landlord’s estate agent to make the process even more stressful than it would be anyway). I know I'll still see K often enough, but not having her actually living with me isn't something I'm looking forward to, at all.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment