Tuesday 16 March 2010

Tell the truth...

"Tell the truth and shame the devil" was one of my mum's common sayings when we were growing up, the point being that if you don't tell the truth, it will catch up with you in the end. There was a bit of that yesterday, by employees of a nationally known car repair and maintenance company. My car was due for its MOT test, so I took it to a branch of the aforementioned company in the morning for the work to be done. As it turned out, some suspension parts needed replacing for the car to pass the test, so I agreed that they should do the work, and they told me the car would be ready by mid-afternoon. I then went home to bed for a few hours (I'm on night shift this week) before ringing the garage when I got up. They told me the car wasn't ready at that point (4:30) because they had been waiting for parts, but that the work was being done and that it would be ready in an hour. I duly went back to the garage, to find that the parts actually hadn't been delivered, but were en route. The upshot of it all was that I ended up hanging around at the garage for nearly 2 hours, getting more and more annoyed and frustrated, until the car was finally ready at 7:00. If they had told me the truth in the first place, I could've borrowed my wife's car to go to work last night and collected the car today - I can't say that I would've been delighted by that outcome, but at least I would've known where I stood and not wasted a large chunk of my day. Instead, I ended up thoroughly pissed off, and Kwik Fit have lost themselves another customer.
Rant of the day over!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment