Wednesday 3 March 2010

A femoral what?!

I'm off work at the moment, the first time I've been off sick for a couple of years. I've managed to somehow strain my femoral adductor muscle (as my doctor told me) - I wouldn't even have known what or where my femoral adductor was until Monday, but it's the muscle that runs down the inside of your leg from the groin towards the knee. What I do know, though, is that it's bloody sore - I can't drive, struggle with walking, especially up stairs, and can't do my job, which involves quite a bit of heavy physical work. So all I can really do is sit around popping painkillers from time to time, and catch up with the reading and writing I was complaining of not having time to do a few days ago!

Reading back what I wrote on Sunday, it does seem a bit relentlessly downbeat. There are and have been negatives in my life, but, on the whole, I'm not really so badly off as all that. When you see news about earthquakes in Haiti and Chile, and think about how devastating events like that are on the lives of the people they affect, the things the likes of me think of as problems, like yet another bill landing on the doormat, seem almost insultingly trivial.

Love and best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment