Saturday 7 January 2017

Breakout

I finally got out of the flat for a couple of hours yesterday evening, meeting K for something to eat at Wetherspoons - including my first couple of beers of 2017! - before heading back to my place of incarceration about 8:00, and promptly crashing out for several hours. I am getting better, though, finally, and I'll head back to work on Monday, unless anything unforeseen happens. Being in my preferred hostelry did remind me of some unwelcome facts, though - the absence of my old local, and Cammy with it, for almost a year now, that the school holidays are over - I saw a number of youngsters in school uniform on my way out - meaning that the eye candy quotient will be down, at least on weekdays, until Easter, and, most of all, that K will be back off to 'uni-town' tomorrow. She has been talking about coming up for a weekend towards the end of the month, so it's not as if I'm not going to see her at all in the coming weeks, but it certainly isn't the same as having her at home every day. Get used to it, though, I keep telling myself - she an adult now, 19 in a few weeks time, living her own independent life, and that is exactly as it should be.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment