Monday 2 January 2017

2017 sucks already

When I wrote the previous post, the last of 2016, I was already aware that I was teetering on the brink of coming down with something unpleasant, and it duly arrived yesterday. I've picked up yet another chest cold/borderline infection, and I feel bloody lousy, probably as bad as at any time since the early stages of what became pneumonia in 2013. I did go to work yesterday, but I was really struggling, and rang in sick last night. So a shedload of money down the drain to begin the new year, as I was supposed to working at bank holiday rates today, whereas now I'll earn precisely nothing for today. So, how to occupy myself indoors for the day. Read some online fiction. Yeah, that worked out well - I went back to a story I'd read the first chapter of before Christmas, which has now expanded to five, and which is showing signs of being a good one. Except that, on a story site with many tales by, for and about boylovers, even the writer of this story couldn't resist falling for the propaganda that anyone over about 16 can only interact with a younger boy by raping them. It's bad enough that 'society' hates us, bitterly and vehemently, without us turning on each other. If we can't even portray ourselves in anything but negative terms, the haters have surely won. Not for the first time, it made me wonder if I want to carry on, and if so, why. It looks like it's going to be a long year.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment