Saturday 31 December 2016

2016 - Year of the fascist

Well, it's nearly over. And, frankly, good riddance. From losing my local (and, potentially, at least, my boy with it) to Farage and Brexit to K going to uni (although, of course, that's a good thing, in absolute terms) to, most benightedly of all, Trump and his proposed cabinet of fascists and warmongers, it's been shit. It makes me wonder how 2017 could be worse, but with far right bigots, cheered on by their religious hangers-on, setting the political agenda, it probably will be. But in spite of all that, I'd like to wish you all a happy and healthy New Year, even if I don't expect either for myself.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year, Sammy

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      And to you, too - or at least as happy as we can manage in the circumstances.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete