Sunday 4 December 2016

Lazy Sunday morning

Not that it's going to last much longer, because I'm working this afternoon, but I certainly haven't been over-exerting myself since I got up. I found a lovely e-mail from K in my inbox when I arrived in cyberspace this morning, written a bit in vino veritas, by her own admission, but none the less welcome for that. She'll be home for the holidays a week on Friday (although she will be away again, staying with her mum for a few days in the run-up to Christmas), and I'm looking forward so much to her return. As I said to her in my reply to her e-mail, she really is the centre of my universe, my raison d'ĂȘtre.
Yesterday marked, I guess, the start of what little 'Christmas season', K excepted, I'm likely to have. I met up with my brother and sister-in-law for a late lunch and a catch-up session, and it was as congenial as ever. Although it's still three weeks until 'the big day', it was the last chance we had to get together, because of work commitments - my next weekend day off is Christmas Day itself, while the few midweek days off I'll have in the interim aren't convenient for them. We have made provisional plans to meet up again early in the New Year, though.
So, a late breakfast (bacon rolls, yum!) beckons, and then it will be time to get ready and head back to the grindstone. Are we having fun yet?!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment