Thursday 8 December 2016

Another loss in a grim year

Apart from the horrific political landscape, the saddest theme of the past year has been the number of high-profile musicians have died. Yet another today, in the form of Greg Lake. I first came across his work, as most probably would have, I guess, as part of ELP when I was a sixth-former at school, but, for me personally, another role of his that I discovered a little later, as a founder member of King Crimson has been the most important. I suppose it's not that much of a mystery that so many heroes of my youth and subsequent life should die so close together, because many of them were born in the same post-war era, but it's thoroughly sad, nonetheless.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. But, oh, what a lucky man you were to have enjoyed Mr. Lake's music all these years...me too!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Indeed. And the music is still available, of course, as is the case with all the others who have gone in the past 12 months.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete