Monday 12 December 2016

Waste, want

I finished my night shift week this morning, and, as usual, that takes me into (at least nominally) two days off. I had intentions of doing something with today, but a combination of being excruciatingly tired, some thoroughly unappetising weather (cold and damp) and, frankly, inertia has meant that I've done nothing of the least consequence. I have found my way to the pub - surprise, surprise - but today has otherwise been a more or less complete waste.
I've said more than once that I have a 13 year old boy who lives in my head, and his petulant side was close to the surface at 'worktown' station on my way home this morning. As I arrived on the platform to await my train, I saw a boy, in 'civvies' rather than school uniform, who was more than a little like my mental image of the young Xander in the early stages of Alexandrine. And who sent me off into a big huff - 'it's not bloody fair' was the phrase that rattled round in my mind - about the absence of a boy in my life. Most of the time, I'm well aware that I'm never going to have what I want more than anything else, but that doesn't mean that I have to like it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment