Friday 23 December 2016

A most welcome face from the past

K arrived back from her stay with her mum this afternoon, and we decided to go out for our evening meal, to the nicer of the two Wetherspoons I now use most regularly. All very pleasant, but on the way back we needed to call into the supermarket more or less opposite where my old local was, to round off the Christmas grocery shopping (a mission we accomplished, fortunately - shopping on Christmas Eve is absolutely no fun at all!). As we meandered around the shop, I caught sight of someone I recognised -  one of the regulars from the former pub. A few seconds later, though, that moment of recognition was eclipsed by another - his son. The boy was always a cutie, and the passage of nearly a year, bringing him much closer to my AoA, hasn't diminished that impression at all. Only a fleeting moment, but nonetheless a welcome early Christmas present.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment