Thursday 1 December 2016

All gone

I had it in mind to write a post about how benighted November had been - Trump, mostly, but this 'football abuse' business over here, too - but then I read something, a blog post from ages ago, which has set me off on a different tack altogether. There aren't any new insights, and I have talked about this before, but, once more, it's occurred to me that of the nice little 'community' I was lucky enough to find my way into when I arrived in cyberspace nearly seven years ago, there is literally only me left. Everyone else, for one reason or another, is gone. I'm the one who has to switch the lights off when I leave. And that's a dispiriting place to be.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sammy

    You could be forgiven for thinking you are left alone here, but there is at least one like-minded soul still reading your posts. The problem here is that usually I cannot think of anything to add, or even take issue with. I admire your courage and "staying power" in keeping this blog going. As you know, I pulled my blog after only a few months, having run out of steam with it, and fearful for the outcome, should I happen to write something inapropriate.

    I only hope that if you do switch off the lights, perhaps by then we might have found a safer way to communicate. Strange, but I have the feeling that's not what big brother wants. "Divide et impera", as the Romans used to say.

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      I didn't mean to imply that no-one reads my blog - I know there are a few 'regulars', not least yourself, that are kind enough to visit. My train of thought was more around the group of guys (and one girl), mostly young, but with a few old farts like me thrown in, who used to post almost daily, and comment on each others' blogs as well. It was a community, before the duplicity of one individual undermined and, as far as I'm concerned, ultimately destroyed it.
      As far as 'real life' communication goes, that is very much a matter of balancing 'risk and reward'. I've met a couple of bloggers face to face, and it went well enough, but I'm aware that it could have been otherwise, because I've also experienced what I believe was an attempt to 'out' me, which, fortunately, I was paranoid enough to evade. I'm sure connections can be made, given the will.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete