Thursday 5 January 2017

House arrest

Well, in a manner of speaking, at least. Since I got in from work, early on Sunday afternoon, I haven't been out of the flat, due to my ongoing health issues. I'm not quite coughing as much I was, but I'm still having occasional bouts that leave me breathless, and I'm completely unable to sleep lying down - I tried the night before last, and ended up coughing so much I was almost sick. On top of that, I'm in the throes of a very painful attack of gout that came on yesterday. Isn't growing old lovely?!
At least K is still around, and has been kind enough to do some bits of shopping for me, in between catching up with friends before she has to go back to uni at the weekend. We did have a bit of a mad day trip planned for tomorrow, but that won't happen now, given my ills. I'm still hoping to go out for lunch with her before she disappears to start her new term, but whether I'll be able to is still very much in the balance at the moment.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sammy

    I almost panicked when I saw the headline to this post. Me paranoid ? - who wants to know . . .

    But seriously, sorry to read that your not enjoying good health at the moment. I hope it's not too long until you are feeling better. Due to an on-going gastric health issue, I haven't been able to sleep laying down for almost a year now. It's a managable situation, as long as I remain more or less upright. But I do understand what you are going through. At least as far as getting a good night's rest is concerened.

    It's nice that K is there and helping you. It sounds like you've raised a good one there, and as a parent, I bet you're proud of her.

    I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery, and for K - every success at Uni.

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      I am feeling better than I was earlier in the week, thank you, although the gout hasn't helped much - it certainly hasn't helped my mood! I hope your own health doesn't cause you any insurmountable problems.
      And yes, K is certainly a 'good one', and always has been. It's been great having her around for the last almost three weeks, and as soon as she heads back to uni, I'll be looking forward to the next time I see her.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete