Sunday 12 February 2017

Another reunion

Yesterday saw another reunion with my friend who emigrated to Australia some years ago, but, unlike his last visit, his whole family have come over this time, his wife and two daughters also being here. I hadn't seen any of the ladies for a dozen years and more - the girls were 6 and 4 respectively when they moved - so it was nice to be able to catch up. I actually hit it off quite well with the younger daughter, because she's a major Aussie Rules fan, as is her dad, so there was certainly plenty of conversational material. There was, for a couple of hours, at least, a 75% reunion of our 'group', too, six of the eight members being at my brother's house to watch the Wales - England Six Nations match. Sadly, I had to make a rapid exit as soon as the game ended, needing to get home at a reasonable hour preparatory to my being on earlies this morning. Would that I could've afforded to ditch today's shift, but the financial ship is starting to creak rather alarmingly of late, more money going out than coming in for three of the last four months. It's not a crisis, yet, but some belt-tightening might soon have to be seriously considered.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B


No comments:

Post a Comment