Wednesday 22 February 2017

Good days and not so good days

Yesterday was the former, because I spent a good chunk of it with K. She came up to London, and we went for her belated birthday meal - she chose Wagamama, a chain I hadn't eaten at before. The food was pretty good, actually, if a bit pricey, and I wouldn't hesitate to visit one of their places in the future. From there, we decamped to one of my occasional Wetherspoons, spending hours talking about whatever came to mind. She eventually headed back to 'uni-town' at around 8:30, but I can at least look forward to seeing her again next week, because she's up in town for a gig next Wednesday, which conveniently happens to be a day off for me.
Today, though, it was back to work, which I wasn't in the mood for at all, and it didn't get any better when the 'p-word' was gratuitously - and, surprise, surprise, incorrectly - bandied about. And it wasn't even the 'archbigot' who was responsible, although he was on duty, but two of my colleagues I'm on reasonably friendly terms with, most of the time. It's difficult to say whether it was the casual, ignorant bigotry or the fact that, once more, I had to bite my tongue to avoid outing myself that frustrated me more, but, either way, my teeth were certainly gritted.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment