Friday 10 February 2017

Two dreams

Both depressing, in their way. Early on last night, I dreamed that I had a cute young boyfriend (not based on anyone in my 'real' life, as far as I could tell), 12/13, blond and lovely. It wasn't an erotic dream at all, the most intimate contact was our holding hands, but, on waking, I realised that even that degree of closeness to a boy would be deemed 'grooming' in today's fanatically intolerant society. Then, when I fell asleep again, I dreamed of my ex, for the first time in a long time. We argued in some unidentifiable street, before making up with protestations of still loving each other, but parting agreeing that we could never be together again. I do still love her, on some levels, but even if she begged me on bended knee, I'd never want us to be a couple again. When you've been as comprehensively rejected as I was, that's something that can never be repaired. The pain of that still gnaws away, even now, but there's nothing I can do apart from live with it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment