Friday 30 June 2017

How did you get so serious?

A mild paraphrase of the title of the new Royal Blood album, but no actual connection. For the first time in ages, I called into the Chinese takeaway, a couple of minutes walk from where my old local used to be, on the way home this evening, to be confronted by a 'blast from the past'. But, oh, such a change from that past. Behind the counter was N, once the happy, smiling little guy I played catch with on Christmas Eve 2014, but now almost unrecognisable, still only 10 or so, but looking like he had the weight of the world on his young shoulders. My instinct was to want to give him a hug and ask him what the trouble was, but, needless to say, to do any such thing is unthinkable in today's societal climate. All I can do is to hope that whatever was ailing him is susceptible to remedy, as soon as possible.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment