Tuesday 5 September 2017

Ends of eras

Although I guess three and a half years is far too short to qualify as an era, but, whatever, the pieces of the North West London endgame are starting to fall into place. The van for this weekend's move is hired, the end of tenancy cleaning service has been booked for early next week, the packing up will begin tomorrow. And other things are coming to an end, too. I'm drinking what will probably be my last ever pint in what has become, by default, my most regular Wetherspoons haunt - I absolutely refuse to call it my local, because, as far as I'm concerned, my local closed in February last year. There is a connection, though, because Daniel, cute Daniel, is working here tonight. There was a moment when I thought he would be the one to serve me that last pint, but he was busy doing something else, and the moment passed. To be honest, he's pretty much the only thing I'll miss about this place - there won't be any meltdowns like the one I had over Cammy on the last night of my old local's existence this time around. I've liked living in London again, and this part of London has been absolutely fine, apart from the ridiculously time-consuming commuting, but my emotional attachment to the area consists of Cammy, who I never really had the least expectation of seeing again after the demise of the old place, and K, who'll be off in 'uni-town'. So, I guess, as 'ends of eras' go, this one shouldn't be too traumatic.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment