Monday 18 September 2017

Non-metropolitan

Officially. I went through a rather farcical 'check-out' procedure at the flat this morning - the estate agents' person turned up ridiculously late, due to a screw-up at their end about the appointment, so I pretty much handed her the keys, and left - but it formally marked the end of my three and a half years of living in London. I know K is determined to return to the capital once she's finished at uni, but will I ever find myself living there again? The short answer is that I have no idea, but it's certainly not something I would shy away from, if it could be achieved affordably. There's a big part of me that would love to go back to Cornwall, but the part of me that favours London isn't so far behind. Time, as ever, will tell.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Ambivalence, thy name is Sammy!

    I, myself, will be decidedly non-metropolitan soon, choosing to relocate to a mountain town of about 4000 inhabitants, with affordability being an important factor.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Quite a proportion of my ambivalence is to do with not yet knowing how my financial situation will pan out in a couple of years time, so it's difficult to make any hard and fast decisions. I hope your forthcoming move goes as you would wish.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete