Friday 1 September 2017

September

Already. Summer is virtually over, the schools go back next week, cutting my eye candy quotient drastically, and although I've got the best part of two weeks off after I finish work on Sunday, I'll be far too busy to enjoy it very much, given that K and I will both be moving to our respective new domiciles during that time.
And there are other melancholy echoes, too - tomorrow is the second anniversary of Jay's untimely death, and, as I've discovered in the past hour or so, David's last blog appears to have been deleted. I wish I could run away from it all, but, of course, the one thing that you can never run away from is yourself.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I miss Jay. David’s blog still shows up for me:

    https://45thparallelmusic.wordpress.com/


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello
      I miss Jay, too - I was lucky enough to meet him, on his last visit to the UK, and to be able to count him as a personal friend. I'm sure many others could and would say the same.
      And you're right about David's blog still being up - I tried to visit yesterday, as I do on occasions to see if there's been any kind of activity, and got an 'unable to find this address' message a number of times. I've tried again this afternoon, making the link straight away. A small ray of light, but a welcome one.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
    2. I had a lot of communication with Jay during his last year and I was able to meet with him at a restaurant in Asheville, NC on the last road trip he made. I considered him a personal friend also, one I could share things with I don’t normally talk about. It left a big gap in my life when his tragedy struck. I sure wish we had more time than we did.

      Delete
    3. Hello
      Yes, Jay and I discussed things that many people would be unwilling or unable to even think about rationally. I'm glad you managed to meet him. He's sorely missed, and no mistake.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete