Saturday 30 July 2016

Disappointment

I guess that it's self-evident that blogging has had more positives than negatives for me over the piece, because why else would I still be here, almost six and a half years on, if it was otherwise? There have been disappointments, though, mostly around people who have moved on, but, if I can be selfish, perhaps the biggest downside has been how poorly Nephelokokkygia has been received. I would never claim for a moment that I'm some sort of undiscovered 'great writer', and I'm well aware that some, maybe the majority, of my output portrays relationships that most might find 'beyond the pale', but, even so, the fact that the pageviews the blog receives are minimal, and that the last comment I received was over a year ago, is disheartening. People are, of course, at perfect liberty to read or not read, comment or not comment, as they see fit. Some kind of response, though, even if it's only to call me a worthless hack, would be preferable to the wall of apathy my 'creative' efforts seem to induce.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment